Whether it’s your first time or you’re an old pro, buying a home is an important part of your life. Finding the perfect house can be a fun yet tiring task. We’ve put together a few tips for buying a home to make the process as efficient (and fun) as possible. Let’s go find your dream home!
Get Pre-Qualified for a Loan
- Getting pre-qualified can help you know what you can afford going into the home buying process. This will help narrow down your search options and give you a sense of what you’re looking for.
- This can also help you in the negotiating process. You’ll know where you have some wiggle room and where you don’t.
- Click here to get pre-qualified today!
Make a List of Wants and Needs
- Before you start the housing hunting process in earnest, make a list of what you need in a home and what you want in a home. Remember wants and needs are not the same thing. For example, having enough bedrooms for you and your family is a need, whereas, having wainscoting and crown molding throughout would just be a want.
- Why split it up into wants and needs? This can help you know what you can sacrifice and can’t. If it comes down to a few options, you’ll be able to take your list and see where the homes fit. Meeting all your needs is important, and we’ll be sure to find a home that does so.
Get a REALTOR®
- Getting a REALTOR® to help you through the process is important. We know about the current market and are up-to-date on all the homes listed.
- Not only do we know about homes on the market, but we also make the process easier for you. Through industry contacts we can hear about deals and opportunities that the general public doesn’t know about.
- We do the work. We will get in contact with seller’s agents and will schedule showings at times that work for you.
- YOU DON’T PAY US! So, really, why not hire a REALTOR®? We make your life easier, and it doesn’t cost you a dime!
- As you go around looking at homes, you also want to have an open mind (though you’ll want to keep that list of wants and needs on hand). OK, so the carpet may be a horrid shade of green, or the master closet may be organized inefficiently. Don’t let these things blind you to what the home has to offer. Does it meet everything else on your need list (and maybe even many of your wants?) Carpet is easily replaceable, and it doesn’t take much to change up and/or reorganize a closet.
- Make sure you can picture yourself living there. How far is the home from work? Do you like the neighborhood? Do you like the schools? Being realistic in this sense is vital to buying a home.
- Negotiating is part of the process, and we’ll help you do so. Because of our extensive experience in the industry, we can negotiate in our sleep. We’ll help you get a great deal while also keeping it reasonable.
- Don’t be so stubborn that you give up a great deal. There are times where you have to give or sacrifice a little bit. We’ll help you know when it’s the time to do so. Understand that there are two parties negotiating. Be patient with the process. Again, we promise we’ll help you get a great deal!
Take the Time to Enjoy
- Once you’ve purchased your dream house, don’t forget to take a minute to enjoy your home!
Ready to find that dream home?! Call/text us today! 480-373-8755
If you want to learn about some financing options, or if you’re looking to get pre-qualified, contact Parker Turk at Sun American Mortgage Company: 602-616-3774.